White House gambled, and lost, war in Iraq
Americans must stop enabling this administration's addiction to gambling with America's human and financial resources. We've lost 3,024 American lives while spending $360 billion (that's billion with a "B") on this poorly planned and horribly managed war.
At some point, America must recognize this war as the money pit (and a body pit) that it is and call it a day. We may not have accomplished all that some wished, but there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that the goal of "winning" in Iraq is no longer in America's best interest.
America can no longer continue this gamble. We've experienced a horrific losing streak, our accounts are empty, and we're borrowing from our grandchildren (including borrowing their parents - some which will never be paid back). To continue gambling like this, to throw more of our Americans and our dollars into Iraq, is a desperation play.
Whether with chips or human lives, our country is headed for ruin if we don't wake up and start recovery here at home.
DIANA ROWE PAULS
[Published January 18, 2007]
Speak up to Idahoans and our reps:
- Review the escalation tally and see what your representatives had to say
- Write the President and Congress plus MORE
Letters to the Editor links (South Central Idaho)
Letters to the Editor general links
- Forward an email to President Bush urging him turn away from this unwise escalation
- Stop the Escalation by contacting your representatives in Congress
- call them again today. Dial (800) 614-2803 to reach the Congressional switchboard and report back on what you learn by e-mailing StopTheEscalation@americanprogressaction.org.
- Please send this message to your Representatives: End War Funding, Begin War Investigations
NOTE: Mike Simpson is "Leaning toward Support" and Mike Crapo has "Refused to Answer". Both Sali and Craig are listed as supporting Bush. Maybe if Idahoans turn out in force and contact them, perhaps Simpson and Crapo may be influenced in making the right decision... I don't have ANY hope for Sali and big doubts for Craig, but it still wouldn't hurt to contact them as well. SAVE THEIR RESPONSES!