Monday, February 13, 2006

What's wrong with this picture?


Okay, I'm not proud of my reaction... it was insensitive and heartless... but I couldn't help but begin laughing hysterically when I heard on the news about Cheney filling his millionaire friend's face with peppershot in Texas this weekend. I mean, it isn't like Cheney hasn't been taking potshots at American citizens for how many years now? And one of his buddies forgot to ID himself and Cheney pulled the trigger. Oooops!

After I caught my breath and started paying attention to the newscast, a little snippet stood out. It seems that Cheney, God bless him, has his own medical team that goes wherever he goes... even hunting for quail!

Wait... my family doesn't even have insurance but Cheney has his OWN personal medical team? I want to know who is paying for this!! If it is coming from our taxes, then I want an explanation!

UPDATE: Now people are discussing Cheney's blaming the victim, how the incident was publicized, Cheney's 70 kill count for the day (um, can we spell OVERKILL?), and his lack of legal stamp.

Maybe this incident will be the poster child of how this administration is:

On sale! T-shirt riddled with holes that says:
"My Lawyer Went Hunting With Dick Cheney And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt!"

..."no wonder he got five deferments from VietNam."

4 comments:

Just Callin' It Like I See It said...

To Craig, Simpson, and Crapo:

I would like to know who pays for Cheney's personal medical team who was at his side in Texas during his quail hunting expedition.

If this is paid for by the taxpayers, then please explain the justification for it. Please also provide information as to how much this DOES cost the taxpayers.

If this is paid for by a corporation or some other entity, then please assure me that this is a legal acceptance of service by a government official.

If this is paid for out of Cheney's own pocket, please confirm.

Sent on Feb 14, 2006.

Just Callin' It Like I See It said...

Maybe it's just me, but should a man with a heart condition and a severe addiction to oil be allowed to hold a loaded gun?

Just Callin' It Like I See It said...

Please be advised: Those hunting with the Vice President must provide their own body armor. -- Grant Gerver

Just Callin' It Like I See It said...

One of my friends e-mailed me with:Diana,

As much as I loath that ass we have for a VP, he does have a heart condition (no doubt he has none) that needs constant watching and that is why the taxpayer foots the bill.

MY RESPONSE TO HIM:

I don't care what his health problems are... if Joe Citizen cannot even afford glasses or have a cavity filled, by God we shouldn't be providing medical teams of our politicians. What damn insurance company ANYWHERE would approve THAT expenditure!!?? If he's that sick, he needs to resign and go on disability like the rest of us!!