Friday, March 10, 2006

Don't abandon Idaho, please!

I read in a recent newsletter from www.MakeThemAccountable.com that:

"Senate Minority Leader Harry M. Reid (Nev.) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) challenged the former Vermont governor during a session in Pelosi's office, according to Democratic sources. The leaders complained about Dean's priorities -- funding organizers for state parties in strongly Republican states such as Mississippi -- rather than targeting states with crucial races this fall."

I went to www.congress.org, looked up the contact forms for Reid and Pelosi, and wrote them the following note:

Please, oh PLEASE, support providing assistance to "strongly Republican states"! I am in Idaho and you KNOW how much trouble we are in! Not only does the Republican party take us for granted, but the Democratic Party doesn't even acknowledge our existence. I realize there aren't many of us officially-identified "Democrats", but we are here! And we feel SO alone! We need your attention, your support, your visibility.

Please don't abandon us. I beg of you, don't turn your back on us. We need you.
Maybe it was a bit too emotional, but the national party must not forget that we are still here. I truly appreciate Howard Dean's message and focus and I know that it will make a difference.

No comments: