Thursday, January 10, 2008

If you can handle a challenge...

Here's a challenge for you...

I double-dog dare Americans to check to see how close their positions REALLY are with the candidates by going to Glassbooth Election 2008.

Let me know about your results! (You don't have to share who your chosen candidate is/was, but how accurate the results were to your original choice...)

I'm SO tired of people basing their votes upon 3-second sound bites and multi-million dollar campaigns ... take the time to read the small print... believe it or not, the side effects of your vote can kill you...

MY RESULTS:
I admit it... I was surprised!!
I have 86% similarity with Mike Gravel and Dennis Kucinich...??!!! 79% similarity with Hillary Clinton, 76% with Edwards, and 71% with Obama...

Now, my challenge for myself is to research the three main candidates (because I'm not going to waste my vote on Mike and Dennis, sorry!) and identify what differences I have with their positions... is it because I misunderstood the issue or is it a difference I can accept...?

How about you... what are YOU going to do...?

1 comment:

fortboise said...

Similar alignment with Gravel, Kucinich, and on down the line.

Doesn't surprise me a bit. I heard Gravel talk on a panel at the UUA's General Assembly in June, and was favorably impressed. Not that he's electable, of course.