Monday, November 08, 2010

It's good enough for them, but not for the rest of America.

I think it's despicable that individuals making $170,000+ per year as well as receiving the BEST heath care program in the United States that pays for 75% of their premiums as well as providing on-site doctors and services at the taxpayer's expense will then declare war on the rest of America who are only asking for affordable access to something similar.

The insurance available to ME alone will cost about 20% of my paycheck and barely covers anything. I make less than $14,000 per year. When I broke my leg, I missed almost two months of work and have all of the medical bills still waiting for me (as I cannot afford the insurance program offered to me). I feel blessed that my boss held my position open for me when I healed.

This is NOT about pride or getting off the government TEAT. This is about being able to provide for me and my children, even in times of injury or illness.

No comments: