Thursday, November 08, 2007

Bad Larry! No more bones for you!

I don't have much to say regarding the Larry Craig incident... which is a good thing, since so many others have already said as much or more than I could (and so much better as well!)... but my main frustration is that, as a mother, I'm sick to death of the criticism of law enforcement and their "sting operation".

If law enforcement is aware of public sexual behavior in places which my children can access--whether in a men's bathroom or in the bushes at the park, whether homosexual or heterosexual -- then I sure as hell expect them to do whatever they need to do in order to get it stopped. I cannot be everywhere with my kids and I do not appreciate ANYBODY having sexual activities in a public area.

This is not about homosexuality... it's about common decency and appropriate behavior. It is my expectation that law enforcement would act upon citizen complaints about illegal behavior... and I would be furious if my children were exposed to public sex and I learned that the authorities had prior knowledge and hadn't done anything.

Can people please get their priorities straight? How can someone say that homosexuality and gay marriage threatens "family values" but get their panties in a twist because their good ol' boy got busted by our LAW ENFORCEMENT doing their jobs???

To the police officer: THANK YOU.
To Larry: GET A ROOM!

No comments: