Thursday, May 25, 2006

A "thank you" letter from Senator Bert Marley

May 25, 2006

Friends and Supporters,

It has been said that “defeat is an orphan,” but I don’t agree. I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring of support I have received from so many of you over the last few days. Your kind words have meant the world to me, my family and my staff.

Throughout this campaign I have been humbled by the generosity of Idahoans. So many of you have opened your homes and donated your valuable time and money to support my candidacy. For that, I will be forever grateful. With your help, we spread a positive message about the needs and future of public education.

We may not have won this election, but the real test of victory comes in what we can continue to do to champion the needs of our schools and our kids. The work is just beginning! Public education is too important to stop now. We must unite and work harder than ever to ensure that every Idaho voter understands that it is the Democrats who have a real plan for education and a clear vision for the future.

I encourage each of you to support and get involved in Dr. Jana Jones’ campaign. Jana is passionate about education and I admire her long career of service. You can find out more about her race and how to get involved at http://www.jana4education.com/. Together, with Dr. Jones, we will make public education Idaho’s first priority!

Thank you again for your sincere support and friendship.

Sincerely,
Senator Bert Marley

P.S. As the dust settles, there are a few loose ends that must be tied up. Thank you to the many who took signs and distributed them around the state. I know it can be difficult and time consuming to find locations, and I genuinely appreciate your help. If you need assistance gathering and taking signs down, please contact my campaign staff at (208) 407-0287 or info@marley4education.com. All signs need to be down by Tuesday, June 30th. In some counties, campaigns are fined if signs are not down within 7 days of the election. Any help you could offer us in removing the signs would be greatly appreciated! If you cannot help taking signs down in your county, please call us so we can make further arrangements. We are not planning on saving the signs, so they can be thrown away. Thank you!

No comments: