Thursday, February 07, 2008

Corrections I wish I could have made in Gooding: Missing in Congress

As I mentioned in a previous post, one individual made a lot of statements that my group was unable to correct during the discussion part of the Gooding County Caucus. I would like to address them...

Statement #1: Obama was missing during many Congressional votes.

Mr. Clinton-supporter, may I please point out to you that according to The Washington Post Vote Database (as published in Newsweek, January 21, 2008) that yes, Senator Obama missed 11 votes (1.7%) during the 109th Congress... while Senator Clinton missed 16 (2.5%).

For 110th Congress, Senator Obama has missed 174 votes (38.3%) and Senator Clinton has missed 112 votes (24.7%).

Yes, Senator Obama has missed some votes... so has Senator Clinton. Last year, she missed more than he did. This year, he has missed more than she has. Nothing to brag about for either of them.

So... what was your point again?

Interesting note: Senator McCain missed 58 votes (9%) during the 109th, and 257 votes (56.6%) during 110th.

No comments: