Saturday, March 11, 2006

Tune in and SPEAK UP!

It is my own personal opinion that one of the best things we can do is to help our country and fellow Americans is to stay informed and to communicate what we learn to others.

I would like to share some of the tools I have found useful:

To receive information:
Make Them Accountable
I receive regular summaries via e-mail of what is going on around the world and nation. This summary provides links to further sources, that I can choose to follow up if the topic is one that I'm following or if I have time. (It also includes some great cartoons and graphics!)

Lefty Blogs
I am able to see what other liberal bloggers in my state are posting (available for all 50 states). In addition, I was able to link a feed here on my own blog so you can see what is being discussed on other Idaho liberal blogs. I believe that the feed can also be received by e-mail as well, if you don't have your own blog. If you HAVE a blog that focuses on mostly STATE and LOCAL issues, then don't forget to add your blog to the list to help reinforce the networking among the liberals in your state.

To distribute information:
Congress.org
We must continually contact our representatives and this is an easy way to do it. Whether you wish to contact Bush or your state reps, you can do it at this site.

American Friends Service Committee
Write letters to the editor to educate and inform your neighbors about what you LEARN. At this site, you can just put in your zipcode wherever you are in America and it will forward your letter to the newspapers of your choice in your region. I would encourage people to avoid the emotional slamming of politicians or issues (that seems to turn people off especially when they are not open to our opinions in the first place) but if we continued to provide the facts to them in a rational and educated forum, then we can hope that one day, they will realize the truth.

"To state that we must not criticize the president is unpatriotic, servile, and morally treasonable to the American public."

--President Theodore Roosevelt


No comments: