Sunday, September 04, 2005

A Besieged-in-Crawford Reading List for the President

[snip] "As the berms go up and the universe closes in, what the President really needs is a genuinely useful summer-of-Cindy reading list and, as a longtime editor in publishing, I decided I could provide exactly that. So I took an informal survey of editors and writers I know, asking for their thoughts on a presidential reading list that might bring closure to George's beleaguered August. The books, I suggested, should be attention-grabbing, informative, and above all utilitarian."

For the list, check his article out!

by Tom Engelhardt
August 22, 2005

2 comments:

Colleen Vesperman said...

Hello fellow blogger,

I have been reading your blog as well as many others. I have found your site material overall very intriguing, yet I want to ask you as well as others, let's all remember the victims of hurricane Katrina and how they could use all of our support to re-build their lives. So let's pitch - in and donate, I've included information on how we all can get involved on my site. So, show you care and join with me at my Baby Clothes site. You'll be glad you helped, I know I feel good helping!

Diana Rowe Pauls said...

Thank you for your suggestion! I listed some resources for us to help Hurricane Katrina survivors at
http://wehavefailed.blogspot.com/2005/09/how-can-we-help-katrina-survivors.html .

Let me know if I left anything out!