Sunday, September 04, 2005

More lies?

As long as Americans continue to allow the wool to be pulled over their eyes and as long as we do not demand accountability, this administration will continue to treat us as stupid little children. "Because I said so" seems to be a favorite response. Don't get me wrong... I use that phrase with my children myself! But our home is NOT a democracy (sorry to break it to you, kids!).

Another favorite response is "It's not my fault". Well, I'm used to it when one child is caught misbehaving, that child tries to distract me by telling me what another did. I know better than to get sucked into that game. Unfortunately, American citizens as a whole are still letting this administration to do it to them.

But to FAKE responsibility, compassion, and hard work (don't you love that phrase anymore?) is NOT acceptable. It's LYING. And that should NOT be acceptable to Americans.

Recent example... according to a press release from Senator Mary Landreiu (D, LA) and other media, Bush completely staged a photo op showing levy repair and food distribution.

[snip] "Touring this critical site yesterday with the President, I saw what I believed to be a real and significant effort to get a handle on a major cause of this catastrophe. Flying over this critical spot again this morning, less than 24 hours later, it became apparent that yesterday we witnessed a hastily prepared stage set for a Presidential photo opportunity; and the desperately needed resources we saw were this morning reduced to a single, lonely piece of equipment."

We let the "Mission Accomplished" photo op get by and God knows how many others... must we allow this to continue? Don't we expect honesty from our government?

I guess I already know the answer to that. Never mind.

No comments: