Tuesday, September 06, 2005

We should ALL be flooded out of our jobs and homes!


I am having a bit of a struggle posting the following about Mrs. Bush (Sr.). She's a senior citizen and I've been brought up to respect my elders. She's a mother and a grandmother and a great grandmother. How much more warm and fuzzy can someone get? She wears PEARLS, for goodness sake!

But can she truly be this cold-hearted, insensitive, and IGNORANT?

In the past, I've shared a previous statement by this "lady" that really upset me. I researched it first because I couldn't BELIEVE it to be true:
“Why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it’s going to happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Oh, I mean, it’s, not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?”

Barbara Bush uttered that inappropriate and insensitive statement on March 18, 2003, on ABC/Good Morning America. (Also referenced here and here.) I dare her to make THAT statement to MY face, I don't care HOW old she is or how much of a "lady" she's supposed to be, I dare her. By God, I want her to FOCUS her so-called "beautiful mind" on body bags every damn day until they stop coming home. I can take her to my brother's gravesite to show her how DAMN relevant it is.

So, why should it be any surprise that Barbara Bush would make yet ANOTHER completely ignorant statement regarding the other victims of her son's gross mismanagement...

In reference to the evacuated survivors of Hurricane Katrina staying at the Astrodome in Houston, Barbara Bush shared her perspective:
"And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this (she chuckled slightly) --this is working very well for them."

No matter how you justify it, take it into "context", etc., this comment portrays an appalling lack of awareness. Does anybody in New Orleans want her to explain how well this has worked for them? I think I'd probably need some help from her to break it down for me...

No wonder George is an antisocial pychopath, if this is the nurturing compassionate woman who raised him. He may have been better off with wolves.

I'm not usually so ANGRY but I'm getting tired of watching Americans struggle, suffer, and even die as a result of policies and decisions made by Bush and Co..

2 comments:

Sereena said...

Have you read "Bush on the Couch" by Justin Frank? It offers insight into the psyche of the Shrub family and the upbringing of little George.

Just Callin' It Like I See It said...

No, it sounds interesting... I'll see if I can find it...